Despite the fact that my husband knocked off of work early so that I could get some sleep, I have not, in fact, slept.
Nope instead I have lazed in bed since 7:30 this evening, worrying. Ah yes, another fun little fact of parenthood – you worry more.
Below please find a randomized list of worries, some big, some small but all considered in depth in the past 4 hours:
- I am going back to work next month. Will I still be any good at my job? Will I want to be as good at my job? Also? How will I be good at my job if I don’t sleep?
- When I do go back to work – what the hell will I wear?!
- Global Warming! Thank you Al Gore.
- Will Jack even notice I am gone when I go back to work?
- Why are the bottoms of my feet itchy? Especially if I haven’t worn shoes in several days?
- What is up with the odd crack in the newly tiled bathroom wall?
- Why has Jack picked this night to sleep for longer than 4 hours? Is he okay? Maybe he is sick? I better go check.
Did you notice a theme? Something about returning to the work force?
I know that there are many working mom’s who read this blog. Tips, advice and assurances are really quite welcome at this time. Really? I’ll be right here, wide awake and ready to read them.